Tuesday, November 20

distracted again...

ever since my christmas copy of Living Etc turned up in my mail box last week i have been a little distracted with thoughts of Mossy Shed and painting her...my favorite months for receiving Living Etc are December and May. May is always the White Issue and contains an amazing selection of beautiful homes all done out in various degrees of 'whiteness'...and of course the December issue has lovely christmasy things in it...

so my latest copy features a home full of wonderful vintage nicknack's all mixed up in a modern way...but it is their front door that i am 'eyeing' up and the lovely farrow & ball 'off black' siding.


amazingly on the same day as my mag turning up, so did a lovely parcel from Janet containing (you are never going to believe this one) a farrow & ball paint chart amongst other goodies....what are the chances of that, i am taking this as a good sign...
in the meantime
i am now keeping fingers and toes crossed even in my sleep that we sell our home soon...

opening up my little shop has done wonders for distracting me from the 'moving' or 'lack of' that we are doing at the moment. but in turn i have become some what of a hermit and do not leave my little studio unless i am required to eat, feed someone, vacuum, clean sinks, or watch re-runs of 'That 70's Show' late at night. even 'little house on the prairie' has been neglected...


this week Miss Ethel, along with a little help from the lovely Miss Margery and i, attempted cushion pad #2...much happier this time, although Miss Ethel did have a moment of madness when trying to sew a circle and so it has a slightly squiffy bit on one side...we have also together made a few cushions for the shop...i dabbled with lamps and also tried out a squirrel, whom i am rather fond of...


it really has been a treat to get to know all those alter egos out there...Miss Ruby is taking her responsibilities very seriously and says her little jam jar lid is not sufficient enough and i need to come up with something better...i didn't like to mention to her that i wasn't sure her skinny legs could take anything bigger...

keep looking for those 'thinking caps' especially here ~ Tif

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tif ~ I feel like I might gush a little here, but I think that no one can hear compliments enough... :) I just love to visit your blog each day, to see the new projects that you come up with. They are so different from anything else out there. So Dottie Angel. They're all very unique and very pretty and...well...I just thought I'd like to let you know that again! Keep up the great and original work! Each piece is so unique, and you stay true to your own style each and every time! These new projects are no exception and they look beautiful!

dottie angel said...

i am blushing as i type...thank you so very much for the lovely kind words you have sent my way junkyard jennifer, it means a lot to me :)

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog today and it is BEAUTIFUL...so inspiring!

Dee
x

Anonymous said...

I have to gush a bit too. Love to see the wonderful creativity in action on your blog! Great to see how you are willing to stretch and make something unique and beautiful! I like how you have incorporated the laces onto the pillows.

Gigibird said...

cushions are very nice....I especially like the squirrel one as I have a soft spot for them despite the grey variety being rats with bushy tails.
I currently have cushion block; as usual I can't decide what to do about my own cushions which are a disgrace. I have 2 that came with my new sofas that need some serious customising as they look like something selvedged from an old people's home.....shame I can't send them to you to work your magic.

Jesse said...

The squirrel cushion is lovely!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Love those cushions...I keot this years white issue and I am yet to see the Christmas one...Oh hurry up Boarders and get them shiped over faster...
Have a great weekend

Diane said...

Ah, Farrow & Ball--such lovely colors: Dead Salmon, Ointment Pink! I wrote a poem about them in one of my early blog posts. Love your cushions!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know you have probably been tagged a gazillion times, but here is a tag from me, because I find your blog so inspiring!

Rules:
*link to the person who tagged you
*post the rules
*name 8 things others don't know about you
*link to 8 other bloggers

Dee
x

dottie angel said...

oooh Dee, thank you for your kind words...however i am totally 'crap' at playing tag...months ago, my first attempt took me over two weeks to complete in the end...i fear i must pass on it this time, but anyone who finds themselves reading my 'feeble excuse' comment is more than welcome to take up the challenge for me...so i am passing on the 'tag' torch to anyone who will take it from me...PLEASEEEEE :)